Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Religion Really Matters?

I have an officemate who has two men in her life. Well, the other recently broke up with her---not formally. But, from the way I see it, the man is still taking his time out with the relationship and will still try to convince the girl that he is really the one for her.

But the girl's one primary concern with this guy is that he will never ever convert his religion to her religion. That got me thinking--love conquers all but why does religion interferes? Is it what God wants in the first place or the leader of this religion the one who created that "rule". When God said go and multiply [my modern version of what he said bec. I can no longer remember the original line sorry!] did He say -- only choose your mate that has the same religion with you?

This I dont understand. Why others cannot see that its the love inside us that should matters and not all the other things--lest the religion. Why cant faith in love and faith in your Creator can't be separated? Will your Creator wants you to settle with the one you less love bec. the one you really love the most cannot convert to your religion.And I thought all is fair in love and war.

But not in religion.Religion is such a sensitive topic we all know that. But for me, it is sensitive because no one wants to to talk about it in the first place. Its a battle of faith versus your own belief in life. When that faith of yours defeats your own belief in life -- its like losing your own personal mental freedom as you are being dominated by your faith. What your faith is telling you what to believe in life.

However, the one that I love has a different religion. The irony of life!

No comments: